… and just like that it’s Friday already. Where did the time go? In any case, here’s some reading to keep informed/entertained this weekend.
btw, some unpaid evangalism: If you have a smartphone, you should really try out a service like Instapaper or Read It Later. They’re super-slick and download articles to your phone and make it easy to read any time you have a spare minute (which is all I feel like I have, these days). I use them both and love them.
- As everyone probably knows by now, Blogger went down for an excruciatingly-long 30 hours late this week. Then it came back, but is there any long-term damage? Who knows… (ps. Twitter’s having problems, too. Tough week…)
- (via @galleycat) Facebook dropped some new restrictions on publisher who run giveaways on Facebook. Who wins? Who loses? Ashley March breaks down what they mean for you. Do you run giveaways on Facebook? Please drop us a comment(or a tweet). We’d love to know about your experiences.
- Pitching advertisers can be an exercise in frustration. Luckily, @KBunn wrote an insightful article on how to make your pitch letter as compelling as possible. Make them want you!
And on the less news-y side of things:
- Screens that bend and fold? We are living in the future. The tech’s been in development for years, but is just starting to look really promising.
- …and we leave you with one last interesting thought experiment, via Arts and Letters: if you were sentenced to five years in prison and had the option of receiving lashes instead, which would you choose?
- Startups Aren’t Meritocratic & 4 More Great Weekend Reads (bostinno.com)
- Content Marketing News Roundup – Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012 (sixestate.com)