Ning is a web-service that allows users to create their own social networks. There have been some questions about whether or not Rafflecopter can be used on Ning sites. We’ll show you how to use Rafflecopter both with and without Ning Pro.
Without Ning Pro
- Go to settings and click “Features Layout”
- Add a text box by dragging it into the main area and press the “save” button
*Note: remember to press save after dragging the text box into the main area, or this next step won’t make much sense.
- Go back to the main page and click “edit” in the text box
- Press the “HTML” button and paste your Rafflecopter code in the box
- That’s it! Super-awesome, super-easy giveaways on Ning!
With Ning Pro
With Ning pro, you can actually create custom tabs, so you can host your giveaways on your own tab(s).
- Go to settings and click on “Tabs”
- Click “Add New Tab”
- Name the tab and be sure to select “create new page.” After doing so, hit the “Save Tab Settings” button.
- Now “Giveaways” has its very own tab
- Click the new tab your created, click “options” and click “edit”
- Click the “HTML Editor” tab, paste your Rafflecopter code and click “Update Page”
- Bask in your own awesomeness, for you have created a giveaway tab!
I hope this tutorial was helpful. We’re excited to see the creative ways that our awesome users are using Rafflecopter. If you run into any problems, feel free to get in touch with us any time.
— Justin (@justinratner)
- How Many Giveaway Entry Options Should You Use? (rafflecopter.com)
- Glam Media sweeps up Ning’s custom social network platform (zdnet.com)